Friday, March 1, 2013

Blog Entry #4

What clerical and preparation responsibilities have you participated in?

Because of my own personal scheduling conflicts, I am somehow always ending up in the classrooms while Science or Math is being taught. Because of this, I am generally just helping the kids with math problems or science questions. Sometimes, however, I am able to help the teacher with some things she needs to get ready for units. I greatly appreciate when the teachers have something for me to do to help because I know how busy they are and any little thing I could do helps!

I have been able to help Mrs. Carpenter with cutting out laminated papers in preparation for the Utah History unit she teaches. It was fun seeing what the kids are going to be learning! I have also helped put together science and math packets and helped her organize her rocks for the Rocks and Minerals unit she taught.

Just being in the classrooms the 13 hours I have so far has been extremely eye opening to me. The level of consideration the teachers put into each of their lessons is astounding. The amount of time and work that goes into teaching the kids is tremendous but the pay off is so worth it when I see the kids "get" a new concept. So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment